Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A New Chapter

It's been a long time since I've posted, and there's been a lot going on. I am no longer with my husband. I was living with friends for a little over a month until this past weekend when I moved into my own apartment with my son. My husband had a breakdown of sorts, refused to talk to his employers who were also our landlords, and decided he didn't want to be with me either. Because he refused to talk to them, they evicted us from our house- he had violated the employment contract, and therefore the lease. It's complicated. And as a result of his breakdown, I had to call the police and he went to jail for a week or so.

I'm starting a new chapter in my life, and am trying not to dwell on the past. I guess I'm a single mom now. I have received zero financial support from my ex so far. There haven't been any proceedings or lawyers on the divorce front, so things are in limbo. Neither of us has filed for divorce. For me it's I don't have $60 to file. Not sure for him. We have only talked handful of times on the phone since July 20th.

My son is doing OK. At least I think so. He's seen his father a few times since he got out of jail, and they seemed to do OK. Not sure though.

So I'm in a new apartment. It's decent, right near my work and the daycare, good stuff. It's a place to live. I am continuing to apply for assistance from the state because there's no way I can float rent, bills, daycare, and groceries by myself.

I'm in therapy with the same person. She is amazing, and has helped me a ton.

This new chapter is all about my New Contract with myself. I have good days and bad days, but on the good days I tap into my strength and do what has to be done. On my bad days I yell at my son too much and don't want to get out of bed. Though it might not seem like it on the outside, I am grieving. I lost my marriage and my home all in one fell swoop. But I know I am strong.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment