Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So much to be thankful for

We are not out of the woods yet but we are out of the camper! The grandmother of a friend of ours goes to Florida every winter from October-April. Our friend used to live there in the winters and at his mom's down the road in the summers but is now living at his mom's year-round. My wonderful husband asked our friend if we could stay at his grandmother's house for the winter. Our friend said YES by all means, call my grandmother and ask her but I'm sure it'll be fine. After talking to this wonderful woman for only a few minutes we had a place to live. And what a place to live it is. It is a beautiful 3 bedroom house, with a large kitchen, woodstove, fully furnished, big yard, garage, washer and dryer (AWESOME!), and much more. We moved in about a month and a half ago, and it has been a huge burden lifted. Now without the stress of having to worry each moment about the basic stuff like food & shelter, we are able to instead worry about the bigger stuff, and start to get at the problems in our marriage and within ourselves, and to deal with our financial crisis. This is our view from the huge bay window in the living room:


We have been in therapy for awhile now and it has been enormously helpful. I have to give our therapist a ton of credit because she is AMAZING. I have been learning a lot about myself, and the ways that I cope with stress, and how my fears keep me from reaching my potential. I'm working on it, but as she says, there is a reason we develop those coping mechanisms, and it is hard, hard, hard to let them go. Leap of faith. Stepping off the cliff without a parachute.

I am thankful for these things this year:

My wonderful husband
My beautiful son who turned 2 on October 19th


My health
My amazing body, which has been through a very difficult pregnancy, and is still going strong, nursing our toddler until he no longer needs it
Same sex marriage in Maine, legalized through a citizen's initiative
We have a roof over our heads!
Negotiating with creditors without fear
Spending time with my family, especially seeing my dad recently, my hero
Great friends who are there for you no matter what

And in the spirit of the Ask Moxie post about including ourselves (moms) in pictures, here is one from a bunch I took when I was feeling pretty:


Thank you to all who have been reading and who have been thinking of us. It has been a wearying journey but we are still here. Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for the good things going on in your life! And that shirt looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete